The Moonshine Jungle Tour. Just the title of his tour alone creates a mysterious vibe of awesomeness and sheer sublimity. Needless to say that when I went to see Bruno Mars in Antwerp last night, it was indescribably amazing. I can honestly say that it was the best concert I’ve ever been to in my entire life! And I’ve been to quite a few, trust me.
When the concert was over and the audience was heading towards the exit, I heard someone say: “He’s the new Michael Jackson!”
A couple of minutes later my friend said: “Even I can’t move my hips like that!”
And then another woman added: “Everyone should have a Bruno Mars at home!”
I think it’s safe to say that every single woman in the audience- and a few men, I’m sure- fell in love with him that night. I don’t blame them. Hell, I’m one of them!
And here’s why: 1. He is hot!
Like… smokin’ hot. My BFF shouted in my ear after the first song: “He’s way better looking in real life than on TV!” She was so right. And even on TV he’s already of an insane level of hotness, so imagine how crazy we all got when we discovered he was hotter than a Scotch Bonnet chilli pepper!
2. His music gets you dancing!
It was simply impossible not to let the groove get in! The ‘Treasure’-dance routine included! 3. There is never a dull moment!
His music goes from rock to reggae, from soul to disco, from heavy dancing to acoustic serenades… There is so much variety in his show, you would almost start to think you’re on this crazy LSD trip through Disneyland! 4. His smile!
Gosh! 5. You scream and sing your lungs out without even considering you might look like a complete retard.
I seriously needed cough drops afterwards. Enough said. 6. The little dance choreos with the band are so cute.
Bruno Mars and his crew are off the charts with their impeccably synchronized and awesome dance moves!
7. Bruno plays the drums like a pro!
8. The way he moves is so sexy!
Forget J.T, people! If there is one fellow out there who can really make you drool from utter delight by simple moving his hips, it is my man Bruno! 9. He’s a vocal superstar!
Seriously, after all that dancing, jumping around and what not, his voice still doesn’t crack! 10. Philip Lawrence is hilarious!
And absolutely brilliant!
11. His hair!
Like… wow! 12. When he started “Marry Me”, the audience turned into a group of love struck chirpy teenagers!
Yes, I even bet some husbands who were forced to come to the concert were silently grinning with glee… 13. Gorilla
This is by far the sexiest song he ever wrote and during his show the musical genius saved the best for last. The grand finale was a show stopping performance –with palm trees and a dangerous looking gorilla- in which he passionately declared how much he wanted to get down and dirty… I’m sure everyone at that moment wanted to bang on his chest-Bang! Bang!- like a Gorilla 😉
14. He’s such a player… and we love him for it!
When he shouted “Do you love me?” , the audience went absolutely… utterly… irrevocably… mental! I actually thought at one point that I was going to lose all self-control and throw my bra at him…
I didn’t. But the fact that I even considered it, says a lot! 15. The Bruno hip thrust!
Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch, but Bruno has a far more appealing way of letting us know he’s feeling … euhm… in the mood.
With every thrust I could practically hear ovaries exploding everywhere!
Although the title may suggest otherwise, this is not a post about food, cake or baking. Believe me when I say that I completely understand the urge to indulge yourself in something sweet when it is raining cats and dogs outside. However, “something sweet” does not necessarily have to come out of the oven and contain sugar, it may also refer to the selection of man candy below.
Just like a cake that comes straight out of the oven, these men are sweet, yummy, delicious and hot. Luckily for all of us ladies (and the not so straight gentlemen) these guys do not contain calories, so please don’t feel guilty of absolutely enjoying this post. You’re supposed to! 😉
So wherever you are when you’re reading this – it doesn’t necessarily have to rain- I hope you’ll have a moment of pure joy…
Oh, and by the way: should you for some inexplicable reason feel guilty for objectifying these guys, just remember:
Pastels. They are most commonly associated with women’s fashion and accessories. This spring, however, men are also allowed to wear sweet candy-coloured clothes, but instead of using the word “pastel” they prefer the term “chalky” (sounds much more butchy! 😉 )
A lot of men are reluctant to try these colours, because they believe it would make them look “gay”. But let me tell you something, male readers: there is nothing sexier than a man wearing elegant pastels chalky colours! It makes men look cool, dashing (when was the last time you’ve ever been called dashing? Unless your name is James Bond, I’m guessing NEVER! ) and incredibly gentlemen-like! I especially love chalky colours on blazers, shirts and suits.
Why can’t you guys look like these gentlemen:
But my ultimate personal favourite has to be pastel pink. For some reason pink is thought of as the epitome of femininity. Wearing pink equals crying in public, showing your emotions or owning a Chihuahua. Pink is for woosies!
Think again, dear gentlemen! Pink represents confidence. Wearing pink means you’re brave enough to be in tough with your softer side WITHOUT losing your inner Tarzan! Wearing pink is sexy! So throw all your previous “pink is for sissies” assumptions overboard and embrace your pink-loving side! You know you want to… 😉
I literally ran to the store yesterday to purchase Justin Timberlake’s new album “The 20/20 Experience”. I’ve always been a Justin Timberlake fan. Yes, even from the very beginning, including bad NSync choreos, ridiculous curly hair and Britney Spears.
I have to admit though, that I almost forgot he ever existed. Seven years of musical silence is a very long time, you know! But from the very second I put on the album, I totally forgave him his way too belated release, because it is absolutely supermegafoxyawesomehot!
Here is a brief summary of my emotional rollercoaster while listening to the album:
“Niiiiiiiicccceeee” “Groovy!” “ O. My. God. “ “So sexy” “Justin, I love you” “Marry me, please!”
I tend to exaggerate, I know. But the album is just so good, it is practically impossible not to love him. Jessica Biel, move over, darling! Because this lady is coming after your man!
Just buy the album, dear readers! It won’t leave you disappointed, I promise!
Ps: one more reason why I totally love JT: He wears suits. Tom Ford suits. Need I say more?
I love turnips. I love how they look, I love how they smell and I love how they taste. However, a lot of people seem to think the humble turnip is a very old-fashioned and outdated vegetable, and hence don’t cook with them very often.
This recipe was created to show all turnip skeptics that this lovely root vegetable can actually be really hip, funky and sexy. Turnip turning sexy? Yes it can!
Stuffed turnips with a Middle Eastern saffron risotto:
Ingredients (for one hungry person):
• 2 medium size turnips
• 70gr risotto rice
• A pinch of cumin
• A pinch of saffron
• A handful of raisins
• Vegetable stock
• Fresh coriander, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
1. Peel the turnips and carve out some of the flesh to create two beautiful turnip cups.
2. Cook the turnips au bain marie in a preheated oven at 220° until they are soft. (I don’t really know why I used the au bain marie method, it somehow felt suitable for the occasion 😉 )
3. Fry the onion in some olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the rice and stir for a further couple of minutes.
4. Add the warm vegetable stock a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed, until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
5. In the meantime, add the raisins, saffron and cumin to the risotto.
6. Stuff the turnips with some of the risotto and serve with a yummy, speedy sauce of runny yoghurt, harissa and coriander.
There was absolutely nothing on the TV last night. After switching channels for half an hour, I ended up watching a documentary on the British boy band One Direction. I knew who they were of course. I even secretly liked their songs. But I would have never ever called myself a fan, simply because I am almost 22 years old and openly calling myself a One Direction fan would have been social suicide.
Thanks to One Direction’s “A Year in the Making”, however, I’ve completely changed my mind. I am proud to announce that from now on I am an official One Direction fan. A so called Directioner. Deal with it.
I’ve got good reasons to love them, you know.
1) Their songs make me happy.
Seriously, listening to “What makes you beautiful”, “One Thing” or “Kiss you” immediately puts a smile on my face! I am 100% sure that all girls, young women ( and even adult 40 something women!) will feel the same. Admit it, ladies! One Direction’s music is contagious!
2) One of them is totally H.O.T
Before you start thinking: “yaaaaawn, they’re all Justin Bieber lookalikes with baby faces and oh so boring haircuts.” Think again, because there is one guy that totally stands out from all the rest, and that is that guy called Zayn. He looks (slightly) older and more mature than the rest of them, he has crazy ass cool hair and… well… he’s just really hot!
3) Their song “Little Things” is really beautiful
All credits go to the master of romantic songwriting Ed Sheeran. The lyrics are soooo good. A short excerpt:
“And I’m joining up the dots
With the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me
I know you’ve never loved
The crinkles by your eyes when you smile
You’ve never loved
Your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I’ll love them endlessly”
Very cheesy, corny and sappy, I know. But come on! You’ve got to admit that the “join the dots with the freckles on your cheeks” is a piece of very clever songwriting. 😉
In short, yes, I am a One Direction fan. And I am proud of it!
2012 is almost over and what would a year’s end be without the many lists of all the best things 2012 had to offer? It is time to look back and thank the universe for giving us:
• great films (Anna Karenina! Skyfall!)
• great music (Ed Sheeran! Emeli Sandé!)
• great fashion trends (leather skirts! Baroque embroidery!)
and last but definitely not least
• great men (tons and tons of them!)
The following list is very subjective and those who pay a regular visit to my blog will immediately notice that I already dedicated multiple blog posts to most of them. But hey, these guys are just immensely sexy and talented, it would be a crime not to write about them!
1) Bruno Mars: His new album is the perfect combination of energetic songs and profound lyrics and his voice is so unique it gives you goose bumps every single time. And did I mention he is ridiculously good looking too?
2) Channing Tatum: recently named People’s Sexiest Man of 2012. Who am I to argue with that, right? After seeing Magic Mike, I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be seeing A LOT MORE from him in 2013!
3) Darren Criss: Glee was hot in 2012 and let’s hope it will still be hot in 2013, because Darren Criss was born to be famous. I know that I keep going on and on about how fantastic he is (Seriously, the guy should get his own statue!), but sometimes the truth just needs to be told. And that truth is: He’s hot, he’s funny and he can sing. What more could you ask for? A great sense of style, maybe? Well, consider it done! 😉
4) Matt Bomer: A gentleman in dapper suits in White Collar (soooo sexy) and a perfectly toned stripper body in Magic Mike (even more sexy). He may be gay in real life, but he sure has a lot of female fans as well! Did you know that he is also the clear front-runner to play Christian Grey in “ Fifty Shades of Grey”? Well, I sincerely hope he gets the part!
5) Ian Somerhalder: I HATE the Twilight Saga (Why do Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart only have ONE facial expression??) but I absolutely LOVE The Vampire Diaries! And that has everything to do with Ian Somerhalder’s character Damon. He is sexy and has the most awesome sense of sarcasm, a killer combination if you ask me…
This was my list of favorite hotties of 2012, but who would be in your top 5? I’m definitely curious! 😉
A good friend of mine asked me to write a post on men’s fashion. Who am I to decline such a request? According to friend X the average man doesn’t seem to realise that there are better (much much better!) looks out there than the oh so typical jeans-t-shirt-sneakers look. I don’t know about you, dear readers, but I think my friend has a really good point!
The average male student at my university looks like this:
• blue/grey/black jeans: DULL!
• t-shirt with cliché print: DRAB!
• Superdry or Abercrombie & Fitch sweater: BORING!
• Pair of worn out All Stars: YAAAAAAWN!
Seriously guys! Can’t you see that is just the most boring, uninteresting and lifeless look EVER! It is basically a whole lot of nothing! Am I being harsh? Well, I’m sorry if I offended you, but sometimes the truth needs to be told! Deal with it!
However, Fashion Food and Flirts wouldn’t be Fashion,Food and Flirts, if I didn’t have some great tips for all of you. Let’s pimp your wardrobe, shall we? 🙂
The holidays are coming up. The perfect time to invest in some classy and festive clothes, you can actually wear every single day of the year. Brace yourselves fellas, we are going to make real gentlemen out of you!
A suit is the epitome of style and elegance. It is perfect for Christmas and New Year’s Eve but the individual pieces can also be worn all year round. Why don’t you wear a waistcoat on top of your t-shirt or jumper? Or a suit jacket? It can transform something really mundane into something extraordinarily edgy!
It’s all about colour!
Question: Are most men colourblind? Because, hellooooo, there are actually more colours on this planet beside grey, blue and black.
This burgundy red suit for instance. Classy, elegant and drop dead gorgeous!
Do you want to touch me?
Mix and match various types of fabrics that beg to be touched! What could be more arousing than a soft velvet jacket?µ
Baroque, checkers, psychedelic colourblocking or leopard print (yes, leopard print!) As long as it’s bold, big and beautiful!
Lingerie. Although no one but you (and the occasional boyfriend 😉 ) can actually see it, it is as important as makeup or as essential as a good fitting jeans. It is the epitome of femininity and it makes every woman feel special.
Every woman deserves the most luxurious, luscious and sexy lingerie, no matter what size or shape she has. So do yourself a favour: throw away those hideous plain granny knickers and treat yourself to a well deserved lovely lingerie set!
Before I forget: it is not because you are single that you have no reason to wear sexy lingerie. On the contrary, wearing the right lingerie boosts your self-confidence and gives you the feeling that you can conquer the whole world. Lingerie is first and foremost about you and your body. So be proud of the way you look and buy some fabulous lingerie to match your fabulous goddess on the inside!
It’s a bit childish, I know. But sometimes you just think something- or better: SOMEONE- is that hot, you are simply lost for words. On such rare occasions it is much cooler to impress people with a rather absurd non-existent word than to sit in awe and stare. (And possibly drool, which is even more embarrassing 😉 )
I guess, you are all wondering who, in my humble opinion, deserves to be called supermegafoxyawesomehot, right?
1) It is no secret that I have a huge celebrity crush on Darren Criss. (Blush) And when I saw him perform an acoustic version of Teenage Dream on Glee, I simply melted. In order to get myself together, I shouted “supermegafoxyawesomehot” at my television screen. It didn’t really help, but it was so much fun!
2) I was in the German city Bonn last week where we went to visit a museum. I normally don’t really like visiting museums that much, but that was before I saw this supermegafoxyawesomehot guy walking around! Suddenly I wasn’t just looking at all the images, I was reading all of the accompanying captions as well, just to make sure he would notice me. He didn’t, but I had so much fun!
It doesn’t really matter when you use the word, but make sure that when you do decide to say it, you mean every single syllable of it!(yes, all nine of them!)