Many people find the end of summer incredibly depressing: No more wearing flirty dresses (unless it’s your goal in life to be the next Marilyn Monroe with your skirt blowing up even when it’s actually minus three outside), no more drinking sangria (unless you want to look like a totally alienated ivory-tower-sticking twat)and no more eating gelato while sitting on the beach wearing a polka dot bikini (unless the combination of freezing gelato, a freezing wind and sand in many awkward places sounds appealing to you)
If you’re one of those pessimists, the months ahead of us can indeed seem quite gloomy…
But let me tell you something, dear my-glass-is-always-half-empty readers: your preconceived depressing idea of the bleakness of fall could be no further from the truth!
There are many things to look forward to. Yes, fall equals colder and gloomier weather but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing! On the contrary, there are many many advantages!
Here are my 10 very subjective reasons why I’m looking forward to fall and the accompanying cold weather:
1. You can drink hot chocolate without looking like a total doofus
Just like there is an unspoken rule that dictates you can’t drink sangria in the winter, there is an unspoken rule you can’t drink hot chocolate in the summer. To me, not being allowed to drink hot chocolate was complete and utter torture! I love hot chocolate and I could drink it every single day, regardless of which season I’m in. Lucky for me, I will no longer be stared at by people who think drinking hot chocolate when it’s warm outside is absurd. I’m no longer the oddity. I’m the rule! 2. It’s time for a well-deserved Bublé-bath!
It is by far the best form of relaxation (ask my friend Mr. Jack Whitehall): A long, hot bath, you’re favourite cinnamon-scented bath bubbles, candles everywhere, a glass of champagne and last but definitely not least Michael Bublé’s soft and soothing voice bursting out of the stereo, bringing you in a mood of utter tranquility and bliss… 3. All the best TV-series are back on air!
Although the end of summer marks the end of admiring Suits’ Harvey Specter, his razor-sharp comments and his divinely gorgeous behind, we shouldn’t get ourselves down. There are plenty of incredibly good TV-series to look forward to next TV season! (and almost all of them have cast drool-worthy actors!)
e.g.: Glee ( with Darren Criss, aka the actor with the highest swoon-factor), White Collar (with Matt-why didn’t he get the role of Christian Grey?-Bomer), The Vampire Diaries (With Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino and many others sexy guys who are likely to take their shirts off at least once), Grey’s Anatomy (with the almost God-like Jesse Williams), Homeland (with Damian-is or isn’t he a terrorist?-Lewis)and Scandal (which may not have a drop-dead gorgeous actor, unless you’re into US presidents, but has Kerry Washington) 4. You can use a fuzzy TV blanket without looking like an Inuit-wannabe
I love TV blankets. I really really really do. Somehow I believe they enhance the incredibly relaxing activity of watching TV. TV blankets, however, are often frowned upon when the temperatures outside don’t reflect your inner need to tuck yourself in and enjoy a good fuzzy warmth of a woolen blanket. I would use TV blankets all year round if I could. Yes, even during heat waves. My brother often sarcastically remarks that I look like an Eskimo, covered in so much wool, but I never really cared about that. So I’m not gonna start now. Let’s all be blanket-lovin’ Inuit wannabees together! 5. It’s the time of pumpkin pies and carrot cakes!
I still have to meet the first person who doesn’t love carrot cake or pumpkin pie. I guess we’re all genetically programmed to be completely smitten by that spicy waft of cinnamon and nutmeg, that palate-clinging smoothness of the pumpkin filling, that sweet and earthy flavour of carrot and walnut in a cake batter… Carrot cakes and pumpkin pies epitomize what the fall is all about: comfort, warmth and love. Who wouldn’t adore that? 6. Fall fashion is way more exciting than summer fashion
When the weather gets cooler you obviously cannot keep wearing your boring old summer clothes. You need an entire new wardrobe! Although this fact may seem daunting to most men, to women it’s the perfect excuse for going on a guilt-free shopping spree. 7. You can leave your hat on…
Forget bad hair days! From now on you can simply wear a hat and no one will ever notice your hair looks like a Cruella Devil impersonation. Moreover, hats are by far the most fashionable accessory for this fall and can turn an ordinary fall-look into a showstopping outfit! 8. No more sweating!
Cooler weather may sound dreadful to some of you, but you simply cannot deny that you will all secretly be happy about the prospect of not having to check your armpits every half an hour. (Admit it!)Now we can all go on dates without having to worry about make-up sliding off our faces and hold hands without being totally embarrassed about sweaty palms. (I told you cold weather was a good thing!) 9. You can go on a date to Starbucks and look each other in the eyes over a giant cup of Pumpkin Spiced Latte
The return of the Pumpkin Spiced Latte is one the main reasons everyone should be looking forward to autumn. What could possible be better than indulging yourself with the delectable heavenly taste of spices and sweet pumpkin? Drinking a Pumpkin Spiced Latte while getting to know a mysterious guy you’ve just met? Consider it done! 10. Fall is beautiful!
The leaves are changing into vibrant colours. Amber, golden and scarlet hues turn autumn into a feast for the eyes and it seems as if –overnight- the country has changed into a gallery of autumnal beauty. Seriously, what’s not to love?
I watch a lot of TV. Too much, my mother would say. But is it my fault that there are simply so many awesome TV-series out there? I’m currently addicted to Suits (no surprise there, as it is, after all, about sexy men wearing sexy suits) and Glee (no suits there I’m afraid, but all the musical songs really make me appreciate and embrace my theatrical side). One month you’re addicted to one TV-series, next month you’re addicted to another. It’s what Elton John would call the circle of TV-life.
However, there is one exception. I was, am, and will probably stay addicted to The Vampire Diaries for a very very very long time. Drama, mystery and vampires. What more could you possible need? Very sexy actors maybe? Well, consider it done, because the Vampire Diaries has PLENTY of yummy hotties! ! Since I’m confessing, every time I watch an episode it feels as if I’m thirteen again, sitting on the couch with this ridiculous smirk on my face. But I don’t care, the show is just too good to dwell on one’s childish behaviour. 😉
Anyway, here are the three main reasons why I absolutely love the show:
1) Klaus and his British accent: I have always had a soft spot for British accents and every single time he says “love” I have this sudden urge to start giggling.
2) Jeremy and his muscles: He started out as Elena’s lonely little brother but those times are now officially behind us. Bye bye baby face, hello handsome! Just look at his arms!
I’ll leave some space for you to gasp at all this sexiness 😉
3) Damon and his one liners: Apart from being a total hunk, it is first and foremost his great sense of sarcasm that turns him into the sexiest character on the show.
2012 is almost over and what would a year’s end be without the many lists of all the best things 2012 had to offer? It is time to look back and thank the universe for giving us:
• great films (Anna Karenina! Skyfall!)
• great music (Ed Sheeran! Emeli Sandé!)
• great fashion trends (leather skirts! Baroque embroidery!)
and last but definitely not least
• great men (tons and tons of them!)
The following list is very subjective and those who pay a regular visit to my blog will immediately notice that I already dedicated multiple blog posts to most of them. But hey, these guys are just immensely sexy and talented, it would be a crime not to write about them!
1) Bruno Mars: His new album is the perfect combination of energetic songs and profound lyrics and his voice is so unique it gives you goose bumps every single time. And did I mention he is ridiculously good looking too?
2) Channing Tatum: recently named People’s Sexiest Man of 2012. Who am I to argue with that, right? After seeing Magic Mike, I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be seeing A LOT MORE from him in 2013!
3) Darren Criss: Glee was hot in 2012 and let’s hope it will still be hot in 2013, because Darren Criss was born to be famous. I know that I keep going on and on about how fantastic he is (Seriously, the guy should get his own statue!), but sometimes the truth just needs to be told. And that truth is: He’s hot, he’s funny and he can sing. What more could you ask for? A great sense of style, maybe? Well, consider it done! 😉
4) Matt Bomer: A gentleman in dapper suits in White Collar (soooo sexy) and a perfectly toned stripper body in Magic Mike (even more sexy). He may be gay in real life, but he sure has a lot of female fans as well! Did you know that he is also the clear front-runner to play Christian Grey in “ Fifty Shades of Grey”? Well, I sincerely hope he gets the part!
5) Ian Somerhalder: I HATE the Twilight Saga (Why do Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart only have ONE facial expression??) but I absolutely LOVE The Vampire Diaries! And that has everything to do with Ian Somerhalder’s character Damon. He is sexy and has the most awesome sense of sarcasm, a killer combination if you ask me…
This was my list of favorite hotties of 2012, but who would be in your top 5? I’m definitely curious! 😉
It’s a bit childish, I know. But sometimes you just think something- or better: SOMEONE- is that hot, you are simply lost for words. On such rare occasions it is much cooler to impress people with a rather absurd non-existent word than to sit in awe and stare. (And possibly drool, which is even more embarrassing 😉 )
I guess, you are all wondering who, in my humble opinion, deserves to be called supermegafoxyawesomehot, right?
1) It is no secret that I have a huge celebrity crush on Darren Criss. (Blush) And when I saw him perform an acoustic version of Teenage Dream on Glee, I simply melted. In order to get myself together, I shouted “supermegafoxyawesomehot” at my television screen. It didn’t really help, but it was so much fun!
2) I was in the German city Bonn last week where we went to visit a museum. I normally don’t really like visiting museums that much, but that was before I saw this supermegafoxyawesomehot guy walking around! Suddenly I wasn’t just looking at all the images, I was reading all of the accompanying captions as well, just to make sure he would notice me. He didn’t, but I had so much fun!
It doesn’t really matter when you use the word, but make sure that when you do decide to say it, you mean every single syllable of it!(yes, all nine of them!)
Some days, I just want to stay inside, sit in my couch and watch television. That’s not being lazy, that’s being highly motivated to do nothing!
What better way to spend a gloomy day than to watch very sexy men in very addictive TV-series, right?
If you feel the urge to follow my example and curl up on your couch with a hot chocolate and a blanket, here is my TV-series top 5.
Warning: this top 5 is very subjective and merely based on the presence of hot actors.
5) Grey’s Anatomy:
Now that Mc Steamy is dead, and Mc Dreamy is getting way too old (Sorry, Patrick!), there is only one reason why I love Grey’s anatomy (apart from all the blood and drama of course) and that is Jesse Williams! His mother is Swedish, his father African-American… Need I say more??
4) White Collar:
Seriously, how can you not love Matt Bomer? His character Neal Caffrey is charming, well-spoken , looks incredibly handsome in a suit and even better shirtless. Not to mention his perfect face and piercing gray eyes!
3) The Vampire Diaries:
Frankly, I believe the male actors were merely cast because of their looks instead of their acting talent. But who cares?! Damon and Stefan, Tyler, Klaus, Jeremy,… It’s almost impossible to pick a favorite male character, because they are ALL SEXY AS HELL and they ALL MEAN TROUBLE!
2) Gossip Girl:
Chuck’s sexy suits, Chace’s perfect hair and Dan’s puppy eyes: a Gossip Girl marathon will lift your spirits in a blink of an eye!
True, Glee may not have as many sexy fellas as the Vampire Diaries but let’s forget about six-packs for a minute and focus on the feel good factor, because that is what Glee is all about! From Westside Story covers to Lady Gaga mash-ups, Glee is guilt-free feel good heaven!