I know that this is a rather bold statement to make, but trust me on this one: THIS. IS. THE. BEST.
Seriously, if you would serve this chocolate cake to a vigorous, I-would-rather-have-a-large-ecological-footprint-than-ever-eat-anything-vegan Dumbass, he would eat it all up, because you really cannot tell that this cake is entirely dairy-free and vegan.
it is unctuous, moist, scrummy in your tummy, delicious!
Add to that some gorgeous Cassis Liqueur, which I drizzled over the top of the cake and you just know that this cake couldn’t be anything other than sheer perfection.
PS: if you’ve been wondering why Fashion, Food & Flirts has been so absent these past couple of weeks, please rest assured, because everything will explain itself shortly! I’ve been working on a brand new concept/project, which I will share with y’all soon! So bear with, dear readers. Bear with!
- 150gr flour
- 175gr sugar
- 35gr cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp blueberry jam
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp Cassis liqueur, plus 3 extra to drizzle over the top
- 50ml vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
2. Add the water and oil and mix well. Stir in 2tbsp of jam and liqueur.
3. Pour the batter into a brownie tin and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
4. Once it comes out of the oven, drizzle some extra Cassis liqueur over the top and let it soak up all the moisture before removing from the tin.