Belgium may be covered in snow, somehow I still believe it is high time to start getting ready for warm weather. In my mind, spring has already begun! Pale hues were spotted in practically every designer’s spring-summer 2013 collection, and I simply swooned over all those sorbet coloured shades! Needless to say that this spring will be all about ultra-feminine candy-sweet colours.
To all the tough girls out there: there is indeed a risk of looking like a bridesmaid/ wannabe prom queen/ cupcake shop waitress. However, anyone with a bit of fashion sense can pull this off. (and we’ve got tons of style, ladies!) You just have to believe in yourself! So don’t be afraid to go for a head-to-toe sugary outfit! Too girly? Let me ask you something: what could be more ballsy than opting for a colourblock pastel outfit and totally rocking it? …
Ha! I thought so! 😉 (Being a tough girl isn’t about what you wear, but how you feel!)
Go for pale orange, framboise pink, mint, creamy pistachio, lavender or baby blue. Or mix them all together. Or combine it with nude colours to accentuate the delicate femininity of the outfit.
Spring will be super sweet this year, trust me!
Here’s Elie Saab’s baby blue:
Leighton Meester in mint:
Pale orange and framboise pink for Jemma Baines in Marie Claire:
The award season has officially started and I couldn’t be happier! Hollywood glamour at its finest with actresses looking dazzling in amazing dresses and handsome actors looking dapper in dashing tuxedos. This is truly the best time of the year!
So let’s look at yesterday’s best dressed, shall we?
Amy Adams, Emily Blunt and Lea Michele went for pure elegance:
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Salma Hayek and Kate Hudson were absolutely stunning in black:
Zooey Dechanel looked radiant in a fiery red dress:
But my personal favorite was Thandy Newton, who wasn’t afraid to go against the tide and opted for a short dress. Sheer, shiny and pastel; a winning combo if you ask me!
And then there was Eva Longoria. She looked stunning at first sight, but when you take a closer look, there’s simply too much going on. I LOVE the back of the dress, but this in combination with a super high split ànd a very low cleavage…. I don’t know. What do you think? I never thought I would say this, but in this case: less is more
This spring will be all about colour! Soft and pretty pastels will turn you into a groovy Kate Middleton and flashy and bold neons will turn you into a classy Nicki Minaj. Which look you go for is entirely up to you. However, there is one colour ALL women should have in their closets this spring: emerald green.
This vibrant and stunning jewel tone was seen in the Spring/summer collection of practically every A-list designer. Coats, dresses, skirts, tops, shirts, shoes, accessories,… everything was emerald green! Do you need more convincing? Well, I can honestly tell you that this type of green matches every skin tone and suits every hair colour. Yes, even red heads like me! Dare I say it, this colour was MADE for red heads!
Besides, emerald green will not just be a key colour in your closet, it will also be of vital importance in your beauty bag. Think emerald green nail polish or an emerald liner across your bottom lash line.
Make all the other women green with envy (pun fully intended): opt for emerald!
I could wish you a year full of joy and happiness…
Or I could just wish you a whole bunch of awesome new sky-high pumps and stilettos.
Rebel as I am, I prefer doing the latter. Basically, because there is no point denying it: One of the main things that will make us truly happy in 2013, will be shoes. Lots and Lots of shoes!
High heels make us feel powerful and help us to approach life more confidently, and that is exactly what I would like to see more of in 2013: powerful and confident women!
So hell yeah! Buy those high heels!
What is that you’re saying? You can’t walk in them? Well, let me end this post by quoting the Master of Heels himself, Christian Louboutin:
“I wouldn’t take it as a compliment if someone looked at one of my shoes and said, ‘Oh, that looks like a comfortable shoe.’ There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don’t have to walk in high heels.”
While I was eating my way through a box of Moroccan pastries this afternoon – without feeling the slightest bit of guilt – I suddenly realized that I had not yet thought of any New Year’s wishes. Who do I want to be in 2013? What would I like my life to be? (very cliché, I know)
It then dawned on me that I would like 2013 to be like that box of delights in front of me: full of sweet surprises. And that is what I wish ALL OF YOU for 2013 as well! A life of indulgence, with decadent treats and moments of pure joy. I want you to cherish the small things in life and turn them into sweet memories. Let 2013 be like a sugar rush: mind-blowing, head-spinning and heartwarming. Because we’re worth it!
2012 is almost over and what would a year’s end be without the many lists of all the best things 2012 had to offer? It is time to look back and thank the universe for giving us:
• great films (Anna Karenina! Skyfall!)
• great music (Ed Sheeran! Emeli Sandé!)
• great fashion trends (leather skirts! Baroque embroidery!)
and last but definitely not least
• great men (tons and tons of them!)
The following list is very subjective and those who pay a regular visit to my blog will immediately notice that I already dedicated multiple blog posts to most of them. But hey, these guys are just immensely sexy and talented, it would be a crime not to write about them!
1) Bruno Mars: His new album is the perfect combination of energetic songs and profound lyrics and his voice is so unique it gives you goose bumps every single time. And did I mention he is ridiculously good looking too?
2) Channing Tatum: recently named People’s Sexiest Man of 2012. Who am I to argue with that, right? After seeing Magic Mike, I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be seeing A LOT MORE from him in 2013!
3) Darren Criss: Glee was hot in 2012 and let’s hope it will still be hot in 2013, because Darren Criss was born to be famous. I know that I keep going on and on about how fantastic he is (Seriously, the guy should get his own statue!), but sometimes the truth just needs to be told. And that truth is: He’s hot, he’s funny and he can sing. What more could you ask for? A great sense of style, maybe? Well, consider it done! 😉
4) Matt Bomer: A gentleman in dapper suits in White Collar (soooo sexy) and a perfectly toned stripper body in Magic Mike (even more sexy). He may be gay in real life, but he sure has a lot of female fans as well! Did you know that he is also the clear front-runner to play Christian Grey in “ Fifty Shades of Grey”? Well, I sincerely hope he gets the part!
5) Ian Somerhalder: I HATE the Twilight Saga (Why do Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart only have ONE facial expression??) but I absolutely LOVE The Vampire Diaries! And that has everything to do with Ian Somerhalder’s character Damon. He is sexy and has the most awesome sense of sarcasm, a killer combination if you ask me…
This was my list of favorite hotties of 2012, but who would be in your top 5? I’m definitely curious! 😉