Did you ever hear about “the afternoon slump”? When your head feels like a box filled with bubble wrap, your energy level is below zero and when you wish your desk could turn into a mattress and pillow?
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Well, when I am in need of a pick-me-up, I always go to Starbucks for some coffee. One of my favourite beverages from Starbucks is the white chocolate mocha. Strong espresso, comforting white chocolate sauce and soothing steamed milk… could there possibly be anything better than that?
Espresso, white chocolate and milk all mixed into one cupcake.
This cupcake is a true teatime delight and will give you just that caffeine boost you were looking for! So forget about Starbucks! This time you will get your afternoon treat from your own kitchen!
Ingredients (makes 6 regular or 4 large cupcakes):
- 2 tbsp coffee granules
- 100gr white chocolate
- 75gr Greek yoghurt
- 50gr soft light brown sugar
- 150gr plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 90ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- Mix the sugar and coffee granules together to create a less lumpy mixture. Toss the flour, cinnamon, baking powder into the bowl with the coffee-sugar mixture and mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Beat the egg with the milk, yoghurt and vegetable oil together in a jug. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix. Chop up 40gr of white chocolate and stir it in the batter.
- Pour the cupcake mix into the cases and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely. Once cooled, melt the remaining white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the cupcakes.