The frequent visitors of my blog will probably already know that I have a huge soft spot for noodles. I mean, what’s not to like? Can you honestly think of anything more fun than slurping noodles with chopsticks into your mouth? Ha! I think not!
This dish was very quick and easy to make, as are all noodle dishes. The fragrant spices of the curry blend so well with the omega-3 goodness that comes from the seafood and fish. It’s almost like a Brad and Angelina wedding… Too good to be true. 😉
But sometimes dreams DO come true! And lucky for me, every time that happens I get to eat the outcome:
Seafood curry soba noodles:
For the curry paste:
• One 5cm piece of fresh ginger
• 2 red chillies
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1tbsp garam massala powder
• 1tbsp vegetable oil
• 1tbsp mirin
For the noodle stir fry:
• 300gr soba noodles
• 200gr vegetables (beansprouts, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, leeks,… The choice is yours!)
• 300ml coconut cream
• 2tbsp fish sauce
• 200gr seafood mix
• 200gr fresh prawns
• 200gr firm white fish, cut into pieces of approx. 2cm
• Fresh coriander, to decorate
1. To make the curry paste, blend all the ingredients together in a blender or pestle and mortar until you get a smooth paste.
2. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
3. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large wok and stir fry the curry paste for a couple of minutes until it starts to smell really fragrant. (This is by far the loveliest kitchen perfume!)
4. Add the vegetables and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the coconut cream.
5. Toss the seafood, prawns and fish together in a bowl with a tablespoon of garam massala and a good pinch of chillli powder and fry them for a couple of minutes in a non-stick frying pan.
6. Add the cooked noodles to the vegetable curry and add the fish sauce.
7. Gently stir through the cooked seafood and fish.
8. Sprinkle on some chopped coriander and start to slurp, y’all!