The only certainty in life is that there are none. Everything changes. Everything evolves. There is one thing, however, that will never be subject to adjustment , and that is my sincere love for couscous.
I mean, what’s not to like? It’s simple, delicious and brings an instant smile to my face. Couscous is my kind of happy food: when everything seems to go wrong, all I have to do is eat a plate of couscous and all of a sudden my mood switches from “leave me alone!” to “Seize the day!”. It is truly magical!
I could use a little cheering up the other day, so I decided to conjure up the following dish: couscous with grilled vegetables, marinated feta cheese and chermoula. Doesn’t eat look and sound absolutely delicious?! Well, it was!
• 250gr couscous
• 2 red peppers, in large chunks
• 1 courgette, in large chunks
• 2 parsnips, in large chunks
• 300gr feta cheese
• Bunch of fresh coriander
• Bunch of fresh parsley
• 1 clove of garlic
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• Falafel spice mix
• 2 tbsp runny honey
1. Grill the vegetables in a searing hot grill pan 2 minutes on each side until grill marks appear/ Transfer the vegetables into an oven dish, sprinkle with olive oil, two tablespoons of honey, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of falafel spice mix. (I you can’t find the spice mix, raz el hanout will do 😉 )
2. Put the vegetables in a preheated oven at 220°C for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Cook the couscous.
4. Cut the feta cheese into large slices and sprinkle generously with olive oil and falafel spice mix.
5. Mix the fresh herbs together in a blender with the garlic, mustard, salt and pepper, cumin (to taste) and 200ml of water.
6. Serve. Eat. Be Happy!