I can almost hear you trip over your tongue with all the P’s! Don’t let the pretty long title scare you, however, because these pancakes were delicious and deserve a place on your kitchen menu as well!
Everyone loves pancakes, but these cute pea pancakes are truly one of a kind. They are packed full of flavour and incredibly healthy, so don’t hesitate to double (or even triple) the ingredients below if you fancy a larger portion. 😉
The pancakes are super moist thanks to the cream cheese, and the madras curry powder gives them a very exotic flavour. I served them alongside some stir-fried vegetables and finished the dish with a creamy coconut curry sauce. Yum!
Easy peasy pleasing pea pancakes (serves one person):
• 50gr frozen peas
• 25gr cream cheese
• 1 egg
• 50gr plain flour
• ½ tsp madras curry powder
1. Blanche the peas in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, flour, egg, curry powder, salt and pepper until you get a smooth batter. Stir in the peas.
3. Heat a knob of butter in a non-sticking frying pan and spoon in tablespoonfuls of the pancake batter.( You can make them as large or as small as you like!)Cook the pancakes for 1-4 minutes on each side, depending their size.
4. Remove the pancakes from the pan and serve with whatever you prefer.
5. Dig in!