Tonight is the night we have all been waiting for! It’s Oscar night: by far my favourite night of the year, after Christmas Eve! (and that means something!) I love everything about it: from the red carpet and the beautiful, drop-dead gorgeous dresses to the emotional acceptance speeches. The Oscars provide the ultimate escapism, transporting me to another place, a place of glitter and glamour where it’s okay for women to go completely over the top and wear very bold, eye-catching dresses!
If only I could be there….
Anyway, let’s talk about who I believe should take home one of these prestigious Academy Awards:
• Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway: I saw Les Misérables last night and let me tell you something: she deserves the Oscar! Oh boy, I was literally lost for words!
• Best Film: Django Unchained, Les Misérables or Argo: Django and Les Mis are my personal favourites, but personal preferences aside, I believe Argo should win, because Ben Affleck was surprisingly left out of the Best Director category.
• Best Actor: They all deserve to win! (Except Bradley Cooper. P-leeeeaaaase, not Bradley Cooper!)
• Best Actress: I’m a huge fan of Jessica Chastain, but I’m afraid Jennifer Lawrence will beat her to it.
• Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, hell yeah!! (I am hugely disappointed, however, that Leonardo Dicaprio isn’t even nominated in this category. Wasn’t he brilliant in Django? Not to mention Samuel L. Jackson, who was also ignored!)
Who are your favourite nominees this year? Come on, you can tell me! I won’t judge. 😉