How boring is that?! There are so many yummy ways to use blueberries in desserts that are far more exciting than your ordinary muffins. Why not try a blueberry and limoncello tiramisu? Or blueberry and white chocolate blondies?
The humble blueberry must be my favourite type of berry. Not only are they deliciously sweet, blueberries are also packed with antioxidant power! (Whoever said that eating healthy doesn’t taste good, obviously has never tried this recipe 😉 )
This blueberry and almond frangipane tart offers all the benefits of blueberries in a fragrant, rich and decadent package:
• 1 sheet of puff pastry
• 200gr ground almond
• 100gr plain flour
• 120gr butter
• 100gr caster sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1dl milk
• 200gr blueberries
• 75gr blueberry jam
• 3 tablespoons Crème de Cassis
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease and flour a loose-bottomed tart tin.
2. Carefully line the tart tin with the puff pastry, pressing the pastry into the edges of the tin. Trim off any excess.
3. Put the fresh blueberries in a bowl with the Crème de Cassis and let them marinate.
4. For the frangipane, beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
5. In a jug or small bowl, beat the eggs together with the milk and pour into the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well until combined.
6. Then gradually add the ground almonds and flour and mix well until smooth.
7. Spread a generous layer of blueberry jam on the puff pastry base and then pour the filling mixture over the blueberry jam to fill the pastry case.
8. Top with the boozy blueberries and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
10. Bon Appetit!