The autumn coziness is PUMPKIN-ly, the clouds look PUMPKIN-like and I’m feeling quite PUMPKIN-ish!
Guess what? This post is about pumpkins and nothing but pumpkins! Simply because I love everything about this magnificent orange squash: Rough on the outside and soft in the middle. It not only tastes delicious, you can also turn it into a carriage to take you to the ball!…Oh wait, maybe that was just the fairy godmother from Cinderella 😉
Pumpkins are so versatile! So for heaven’s sake: STOP USING THEM AS DECORATION! Oh, and by the way, there’s more to pumpkins than just pumpkin soup and pie, you know.
Here is a (not so) brief list of the delicious pumpkin dishes:
• Pumpkin risotto: Add sage if you want to keep it traditional, or add cumin, curry powder and coconut milk to give the dish an Indian twist
• Pumpkin curry: pumpkin goes so well with spices, so be generous with the ginger and chili.
• Pumpkin tajine: lovely with dried dates or cranberries, chicken and chickpeas
• Pumpkin ravioli: an Italian classic!
• Pumpkin pasta with blue cheese and pine nuts: I could eat this every day!
• Pumpkin and potato gratin: a perfect winter dish for a cold winter day
• Pumpkin soufflé: for those who like a bit of a challenge
• Pumpkin stuffed with wild rice, nuts and dried fruits: need I say more?
• Pumpkin hummus: lovely with a good pinch of cumin and garam massala powder
Are you starting to feel a bit hungry? I haven’t even mentioned the desserts yet!
• Pumpkin cheesecake: with a marble effect!
• Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and candied ginger: heaven on earth in one little cup!
• Pumpkin and coconut pancakes: though traditionally for breakfast, I can eat them all day long!
• Pumpkin strudel with pecans: an American twist on a German classic
• Pumpkin , rum and raisin ice cream: simply sublime
• Pumpkin chocolate chip scones: it will be hard not to eat them all at once
• Pumpkin and chocolate shortbread: sticky and sweet, just how I like it!
• Pumpkin and cinnamon rolls: another match made in heaven