I’m aware that the sun is shining and that people are wearing flirty skirts and sunglasses. And yes, I know that it’s only the 1st of September… but that doesn’t stop me from getting ready for the winter with some fabulous fall fashion.
Although there are plenty of beautiful trends and styles to choose from for next winter (from French minimalist luxury to gipsy-inspired Wild West harsh winters), there seems to be one overarching trend that was used by practically every designer, no matter the theme of the collection…
I’m not talking about certain new hairstyle trends.
And I’m certainly not talking about Cameron Diaz’s plea to let “everything” grow wild and free.
I’m talking about all the types of “hair” that can be worn as a piece of clothing.
Whereas in the past, your only option was to wear that shiny fur that is often linked with old ladies who have a lot of money but little taste, your hairy options nowadays are more versatile than ever. Not only do they often come in animal-friendly fake versions, you also have furs that target an entirely new type of women.
So forget about old ladies in fur coats, this winter every woman will want to have a fuzzy, warm and hairy piece of clothing hanging in her closet!
These are the different styles you can go for:
- Classic elegance: Elie Saab shows us that traditional fur can still be drop-dead gorgeous. So embrace your inner princess and buy that (faux) fur stole!
- Classic elegance with a twist: Although Elie Saab and Armani seem to go for the same type of glamour, Armani adds a little edge to an otherwise traditional fur piece by experimenting with shapes and more frantic-looking furs.
- Grungy chic: who said fur and rock and roll can’t go together? Jean Paul Gaultier and Versace give the hairy look a classy yet grungy edge.
- Go for colour: Think out of the box, ladies! Fuzzy clothes don’t always have to be in the traditional colours such as gray, black and brown, but can be in funky colours such as this petrol bleu at Marni.
- Cowboys and Indians: Again, you need to look at Marni’s collection for inspiration! Hairy coats, skirts and jackets with a wild wild west vibe almost would make one look forward to harsh winters! (Almost!)
In short, this season’s hairy fashion will definitely keep us warm this winter!